Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm Back

I wasn't entirely sure if the sort of stuff I normally write about would be appropriate so soon after writing about an obit post. After a brief moment of clarity helped along by copious amounts of booze (believe me, I'm not proud), it occurred to me that Bri would have approved of many zany antics, so here I am.

Hope everyone's 2010 started out well. It was pretty damn cool on this end, thanks for asking. Spent New Year's Eve in the company of rather attractive Latvian women who didn't mind that I danced like a little kid with a sparkler. Their adoration was quickly dashed when my champagne flute was knocked out of my hand by an inebriated reveler and shattered on the floor. But that's not all -- I managed to walk into the ladies' room because of an oddly marked door (I don't read Latvian). Thankfully word didn't get out that I was a walking faux pas and festivities continued to be had.

New Year's Day began with a sumptuous brunch, a nap, and the Sci-Fi Channel's Twilight Zone marathon. Nothing says awesome day like wild boar sausage and the chain smoking of Rod Serling. It's too bad the Blu-ray set of the series won't be released until later this year because Sci-Fi (I refuse to call it SyFy) was plugging the hell out of the DVD complete series set. The TV spots did a great job of selling it... to nerds like me. Joe Average doesn't give two craps about Billy Mumy's introspective on "It's A Good Life" or the recordings of Rod Serling's lecture at Ithaca College. Sad, but all too true.

Today, I'm vegging out once again with plans to catch up on Doctor Who on BBC America and maybe have some popcorn. Yep. I lead the glamorous life.

My hopes for this year are to get the finances under control and get my personal life in order. Both were beyond rocky in 2009. I managed to get the weight aspect accomplished last year through a bit of dedication and hard work and expect I can apply the same to the aforementioned items. Also, my goal is to leave town at least 4 times this year -- and have one of those trips be out of the country. Let's see what the next 363 days have in store.

No comments:

Quick Linker