Monday, November 30, 2009

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Editor's Note: See yesterday's entry regarding late posts.

Much to just about everyone's surprise, it was lovely winter day here in the DC Metro area. The high was a little above 60 degrees, making jackets optional. Started the day with the usual manner of sundry details and then made my way to Rockville to meet a friend. We took a walk along the Bethesda Trolley Trail where we crossed over both I-270 and 495 but didn't quite walk all the way to fabulous Bethesda.

Walking worked up a decent appetite, but where to go. My friend suggested Rockville's own Amina Thai. What makes this place somewhat unique among other Thai restaurants is the fact the owners are Muslim. This means all food is halal, so you won't find any pork on the menu. D had the Green Curry while I enjoyed the Panang Curry (coconut milk, spices, and ground peanuts). Delicious is putting it mildly. I wanted to just devour it all but restrained myself. The plan was to take it home for dinner but I accidently left it in D's apartment. Oh well.

It wasn't long after lunch when D and I parted ways so she could make cookie dough with her gal pals. Arriving home, it was time for some Netflix goodness. Two discs of Big Bang Theory and the Blu-ray of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock landed in the mailbox on Friday. Big Bang Theory was friggin' hilarious as usual and the HD transfer of Star Trek III is just gorgeous. Having seen the film many many times, I focused on some the more minute details like the textures of the costume fabrics and trying to discern how props and sets were constructed. Throughout all of this was enjoying pound cake that my mom was kind enough to send home with me Saturday night.

The unfortunate aspect of Sunday is that Monday is right around the corner. And with the calendar going into December, weekends will become less and less relaxing as the social calendar fills up with holiday engagements. This isn't to say they can't be fun, but I'll miss my solo movie time and one-on-one friend interactions.

No comments:

Quick Linker