Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

Yeah yeah, I know - I chide myself for not posting for two weeks and what happens? I end up not posting again for two weeks. Sheesh!

So what's happening? Not an awful lot other than the increased likelihood of my hair turning white before the end of the year. Work has been a constant thorn in my side. Personally, I feel that I've been issued entirely too much responsibility but I can't really say anything to anyone about it unless I want to look like a dumbass. It's really getting the better of me and I'm not entirely sure what to do about it. If "my" part of the system doesn't work right, I'm the one that's going to be fired, not anyone on the technical side. My expertise lies in writing, not troubleshooting database code or fixing hardware compatibility issues but that's essentially what I'm charged with. And as much as I enjoy job searching, I'd rather not be doing it in this shakiest of recent eras.

Sorry to resurface only to wallow, but now you know why I've been sticking to movie reviews over at the Best Picture Derby. For those of you who come for the comedy, here's a blast from the past:

Flying Shark vs. Flying Crocodile!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on De! You've been around a lot of database administrators and Unix systems administrators, I'm sure the knowledge has rubbed off by now!

Quick Linker