- I'm not a fan of most fruit. I'll only eat green apples because the regular red ones are too mealy. Pineapple is okay. Can't stand the smell of bananas. Fruit juices aren't too bad but I like them sour, not sweet.
- I once ate 12 Taco Bell soft tacos in the span of 10 minutes one day during my freshman year of college.
- My hair began going gray when I was 19. I hate it, but I'm afraid of getting a bad dye job and looking like some creep who stands outside of the Disney Store all day. As a result of the gray, most of the women I dated in my 20s were at least 5-6 years my senior.
- Once upon a time, I could regularly run a five-minute mile.
- I hate talking on the phone. Because of this, I tend to be a bit rude with people I don't know who decide they need to call on a Saturday afternoon. If someone calls after 9pm, there better be an emergency.
- I'm rarely taken seriously by my peers, especially at work.
- Before I left college, I helped develop a TV production course based on Star Trek. Not sure if the course ever happened.
- I think farts are funny.
- If my knowledge of trivia were equivalent to medicine, I'm pretty sure I would have cured cancer, AIDS, and Ebola four times over by now.
- I don't like crowds.
- I once dated a girl who never laughed. It was like going out with an android.
- Anglophiles piss me off. If all you watch is BBC America, then you're a pretentious git. British culture contains just as much stupid crap as American culture.
- I still eat Lucky Charms on occasion.
- The last foreign nation I visited was Canada in 1986. Speaking of which...
- I do not own a passport and haven't since I was a little kid (when I came over from England). This does not mean I'm not interested in other cultures nor does it mean I'm some redneck Neanderthal.
- I think I could handle solitary confinement if I were ever sent to prison.
- I'm an amateur actor and perform 3-4 times per year with the Luna-C comedy troupe.
- I can't grow a normal-looking beard or mustache.
- Around this time last year, I weighed 300 pounds. I've lost 50 pounds since, but need to lose a bit more.
- I love dated educational films.
- I am the first male in my family not to serve in the military. The closest I came was being a member of the Civil Air Patrol in high school.
- I once drank a container of Papa Johns garlic butter sauce. Spent the next hour drinking my weight in Dr. Pepper trying to get that greasy feel out of my throat (that's what she said).
- While my political ideology heavily leans liberal, hippies annoy the living crap out of me.
- My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird.
- Among the autographed photos I own are James Earl Jones, Peter Weller, and William Shatner.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
25 Totally Random Things You Didn't Know About De
Several of my friends have done this, so I figured I'd do it too. Without further ado, and in no particular order:
Posted by De at 7:32 PM