Thursday, November 13, 2008

Haw Haw - Nerd on Nerd Crime, Part 2

From a single comment thread over at Trekmovie.com:

THe Star Trek I grew up with. My very CHILDHOOD itself is being raped. And you Mr Cawley, are applauding it. This was my life and now its going to be stripped away from me. Rendered null and void. Wiped out of existence and you DEMAND I let them crap into my mouth and BEG FOR MORE?!? Can you possibly in a million years understand how betrayed I feel? I dont care how much money you sunk into your show

For myself I feel totally mislead by Abrams and Crew. I have suspected for the longest time that they WOULD be making changes, BUT these are DRASTIC changes which contradict not so much “so-called canon”, but most importantly THE CONTINUITY of the ST franchise

Pathetic fundamentalism was never part of the spirit of Star Trek! Whining purist crybabies are not welcome at Starfleet Academy!

Nimoy, Majel …they just sold out to the almighty buck. Majel was always a golddigger. Nimoy is old and cant get work in anything else. Even so-called fan James Cawley has become JJ Abrams personal lap dog after a few bucks and a juicy part got waved under his nose and now to him the great almighty JJ Abrams can never do wrong. Even his farts smell like fresh apple pie. And where he walks flowers bloom. Christ.

WHY NOT JUST THROW A ROBE AND LIGHT SABER ON KIRK, AND WATER IT DOWN LIEK THEY DID STAR WARS,

Let them ban me. Ill go knowing I fought the good fight. For standing up for what was right. For defending a beloved franchise that has captured my imagination since I was a child. My only crime was giving a damn. For caring. Stifle free speech. Let only JJ Abrams legions of loving yes men say nothing but praise and support.

JJ attacked fans first by shoving this redesign Enterprise down our throats

3 comments:

smacky said...

Jar Jar is laughing somewhere right now.

Bill D. said...

And yet they'll all stand in line (probably days ahead of time) for the midnight showing, and then race home to go online and talk about how awesome it was and how they always knew it was going to be.

De said...

I'm personally waiting for the kooks who go to the first midnight showing just to bitch about it the next day.

Quick Linker