Monday, June 23, 2008

Tick Tock

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good all things considered, thanks for asking.

What needs considering? Well, I decided to take Arf and Zoe on a nice, long walk through some of the trails in the Manassas National Battlefield Park, which is next door to my house. Lots of wilderness to walk through, with which I had hoped to tire the dogs out. Well, tired they certainly were but they were also covered in ticks. That's right, I must have pulled something like 35 of those little bloodsuckers off of my pups Friday evening before I gave them both a bath. And of course, I managed to snag a couple of those buggers myself including a tiny deer tick on my ankle. Hopefully, it won't turn into Lyme Disease and make me cut off my head with a chainsaw (it's a trick I can only do once).

Saturday was spent cleaning, taking garbage to the dump, and a little organizing before a friend came over to watch Free Enterprise. Free Enterprise is one of those romantic comedies which I can certainly relate. Besides, it's full of pop culture, dare I say geek, references so it's got that going for it (which is nice).

I found my DVD set of the first two G.I. Joe mini-series on Sunday and ended up watching them both. Cora watched with me for a while. When I asked her what she thought, her response was, "Interesting." However, she didn't elaborate. Oh well.

No comments:

Quick Linker