Monday, June 9, 2008

The Threat of Spontaneous Combustion

Hello. Good day. Happy to see you.

In case you weren't aware, it was pretty damn hot over the weekend. Thankfully, Cora's birthday party went off without a hitch yesterday. Held at the Magic Putting Place, the kids played putt-putt golf and then feasted on pizza and cake. A good time was had by all.

In the "What are the odds?" Department, the mother of one of the girls was none other than the intensive care nurse who attended to Miriya during her stay at the hospital! Since there wasn't a whole lot of time when we left the hospital back in March, I took the time to personally thank the good nurse right then and there. She was especially pleased that my baby girl was happy, healthy, and huge :-)

After the party, I tried to unwind in our non-air conditioned house by watching a couple of movies. First up was Downfall, which was a chronicle of sorts of the last ten days of the Nazi regime. It's a decent film although a number of details are omitted or changed to streamline the story. Next up was 300, which I had been meaning to watch since Christmas. It's an interesting movie in a stylistic sense and a great excuse to watch extended fight scenes. Otherwise, the story is pretty weak.

So there you have it.

3 comments:

smacky said...

You wound down after your daughter's birthday party with a film about "a last ten days of the Nazi regime."

Is that like the exact opposite of a child's birthday party?

How would you wind down if you ever won the lottery?

De said...

Everything requires balance my friend.

smacky said...

Not me, I'm gonna overdose on cuteness, become diabetic with joy.


I have no idea what I'm saying. It's 80 degrees in my office. They're working on the AC here.

Quick Linker