Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"The creature is driven by rage."

Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. Life has been fairly dull with not much happening that you might want to read about unless you enjoy prose about eating ham sandwiches.

But that all changed today.

Coming out of the subway, a fellow commuter stepped on the back of my shoe and gave me a "flat tire." Normally, I would have let it go but the one responsible said, "Oh, I'm sorry" in the same manner Jules from Pulp Fiction used before asking if he broke Brad's concentration. My oh-so-clever retort was "Thanks, Jerk" and that's how it started. The two of us exchanged a few unpleasantries, the worst of which was "jackass" (by him). At that point, I decided to shut up and hope him getting the last word would end it. Thankfully it did and I was able to keep my ticking time bomb of fury in check.

I didn't want to launch into a tirade of profanity with the ton of tourists and their children around. I also didn't want things to escalate to the point where I'd likely be looking at a little jail time and a court appearance. Yay me, I guess.

1 comment:

smacky said...

Damn! Must be the humidity. Good job not clocking the a-hole. People SUCK!

Quick Linker