Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Tuesday

First of all, thank you to whomever bought a copy of Into the Wild through the Amazon link back in February. The 33 cents will come in handy when I make my next order. I don't say that sarcastically; every little bit helps.

* * * *

Spent some quality time with Miriya last night to the tune of about three hours. It was just her, myself, and the Baisches' Looney Tunes assortment of animals. Miriya cried intermittently for almost the entire first hour. Eventually she calmed down and we watched a good number of episodes from The Wonder Years.
I had forgotten how good that show was at being timeless despite being set a generation ahead of me. Fun fact of the day: Danica McKellar, aka Winnie Cooper, is a mathematician and math advocate. That's just awesome beyond words.

* * * *

Yesterday, I learned the hard way that one needs to deposit checks when they arrive. I'll spare you the details except to say that I felt really really stupid.

* * * *
Okay, it's time to return to the ever exciting world of requirements documentation. Unless I think of something brilliant to post about, I'll leave today with the cover to Star-Spangled War Stories #90, which began the batshit-insane yet amazingly cool concept that was fighting dinosaurs in World War II:

4 comments:

smacky said...

It's amazing just how many comic books featured American GIs fighting dinosaurs. Do you think it was a metaphor for how afraid the Nazis made everyone, or just the fact that armies battling monsters is just SO F-ING COOL?

Discuss.


Oh, and I believe Danica has some math formula named after her (didn't click the wiki; just going by memory). I also don't know for sure if it's hot that she'd done Maxim spreads, or creepy since we grew up with her. I guess it's hot, compared to people counting the days until Hanna Montana is legal, and she's already done "tasteful nudes" for Vanity Fair. (Blame the parents for that one. You don't leave a 15-year-old girl alone to negotiate with an eccentric middle-aged Jewish woman!)

angrygrrface said...

Danica has an Erdos-Bacon number of 6. And that Miley Cyrus is a fucking little bitch.

De said...

Smacky: I'll be addressing your first question in a post tomorrow.

As for Danica's pictorial in Stuff magazine, totally hot. She's almost a year older than me so that makes it okay.

GrrFace: I wouldn't be surprised about the disposition of Ms. Cyrus but how do you know?

Siskoid said...

Smacky: As someone who repeatedly includes either dinosaurs or Nazis or both in about half his role-playing scenarios, I'll say this: They are the two best bad guys in all of history (and prehistory). Peanut butter, meet Chocolate.

And math advocacy? Really? Wow. Does math have actual activists?

Quick Linker