Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wacky Turn of Events Wednesday

Well, that didn't last long. What's "that," you ask? "That" would be my new job. For reasons I am not allowed to divulge, I was told yesterday that my last day will be April 4 unless I find a new position before then. And no, I didn't do anything in the realm of bad behavior to warrant this, in case you were wondering.

So again I search. Say it with me everybody - Grr. Argh.

The silver lining is that I have a freelance assignment that will last through Saturday. This will certainly help cushion the financial blow in case I don't find something immediately. On that front, I've fielded a few calls and I've fired (pardon the pun) my resume off to a number of potential employers. We'll see how things turn out.

3 comments:

smacky said...

What? Are they short on blood? I've turned them down the last few times they've called, because they expect me to take a day off work to go somewhere and give blood. I keep telling them to come to my office and do a blood drive like they've done several times in the last few years, but I guess if 20% of 100 employees give blood, it's not worth setting up for an entire day.

Long story short, I hope I didn't help bring this about!

Good luck in the search!

Bill D. said...

Well, that's pretty shitty. Good luck!

angrygrrface said...

Wow. Wha! That is totally shitty!

Quick Linker