Saturday, March 8, 2008

Farewell Gary

Lots of tributes to Gary Gygax over the past several days. I'm not sure I can add much to what's already been said. I found this tribute strip through the comedic genius of Foldedsoup:


My first exposure to Dungeons & Dragons was during my junior year of high school. I found the Advanced D&D Player's Guide (2nd edition rules) on clearance at the local Toys R Us and decided to give it a read. For the next couple of years, I would buy the occasional game book and played with a small group of friends from school. After high school, I'd often find myself looking at the D&D computer games during my college days (my dad eventually caved and bought me a copy of Hillsfar despite his no games rule). While my immersion into this world was fairly brief (compared to most of the gamers I know), I truly appreciate what Gygax accomplished.

1 comment:

angrygrrface said...

I have XKCD bookmarked! However, I'm not one for D and D.

Quick Linker