Monday, December 3, 2007

"Murdock... I'm coming to get you!"

I forgot to mention that I saw the movie Hitman last week. It's not a terrible waste of a couple of hours if you like movies about super-assassins in far-off, exotic locales.

Yet, I digress because the comedy gold was found in the trailers. Let me warn you for a moment that you may need to sit down for what I'm about to tell you. Are you sitting? Good.

Because three films just weren't enough, there is a fourth Rambo movie coming in January.

That's right, the over-the-top symbol of violent idiocy returns next month for an even more ludicrous adventure. Let's assume for a moment that John Rambo was 20-years old in 1968 (the height of the US involvement in Vietnam). That would make him 60-years old in this film. Not only do you have to pretty much swallow Rambo's ability to fire arrows from a mile away, but a 60-year old Rambo firing arrows from a mile away.

Part of me is curious as to how much of a train wreck this movie will undoubtedly be. However, should I pay the $7.50 for the privilege? Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

smacky said...

Don't forget he's also been a symbol of America's kick-ass supremacy over the rest of the world... an obnoxious stance in the Reagan '80s and downright irresponsible in the 21st century. Ugh. Is it going to be our post 9/11 fantasy enacted? Rambo hunts down the terrorists and makes us all safe?

Gotta find the trailer online.

De said...

The plot of the film deals with the plight of Burmese refugees on the run from their government. Thankfully, it's not about going mano-a-mano with al Qaeda.

Siskoid said...

I saw the trailer a good while ago and it frankly bored me. And then there was the guy who blew up like balloon under fire at point blank range. So it's ultra-violence and talky bits.

I'll pass.

Quick Linker