Saturday, November 24, 2007

One Step Beyond or De Channels Lewis Black

Since I agreed to fry a turkey for my mother this weekend (she does the traditional Thanksgiving stuff on the weekend in lieu of Thursday), I needed supplies. This year, I thought I'd increase the safety factor a bit and use an infrared thermometer. While I would have loved to hit the local Sur La Table or Crate & Barrel, there are none of those crazy froo-froo establishments in the confines of Manassas. So, I was left with Bed Bath and Beyond.

Past experience has taught me that shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond usually nets me what I'm looking for. However, you would have thought I'd asked for the Ark of the Covenant on today's trip. $500 chef knives are only a glass case away but asking for a $100 thermometer is like asking if you can piss on the comforters. Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

So no, I did not obtain an infrared thermometer today. It appears I'll have to order such a new-fangled gadget from them thar Interwebs.

Thankfully, I managed to get the turkey fried without too much trouble - no thanks to Bed Bath and friggin' Beyond.

No comments:

Quick Linker