Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Guess Who?

Today's moment of weakness brought to you by Best Buy.

After learning that Best Buy had a limited edition tin for the Popeye set released Tuesday, I went there after work today and picked it up... along with the Woody Woodpecker set, Superfriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show, and Orgazmo. Orgazmo was $4 and I've always wanted to see it, so into the stack it went.

I've been watching the third disc of Woody Woodpecker cartoons for the past hour now and these are just as hilarious as I remember them. The restoration work done on these is pretty darn good overall (some are better than others). As I type this, I'm being treated to a Chilly Willy cartoon which is just beyond cute. I highly recommend this set, especially if you're a big fan of classic cartoons.

3 comments:

muse said...

Hee hee, I am _so_ never going shopping with you, I have no self control and apparently neither do you! LOL

De said...

For more proof, see today's entry :)

Wes said...

Orgazmo! I caught that sale too... though honestly, having watched it, I kinda wish I'd gone with The Matrix Reloaded or something. It's not a terrible movie, but -- like most Matt & Trey films, I think -- it's so vastly inferior to "South Park" that I couldn't help but feel disappointed by it.

Quick Linker