Monday, July 30, 2007

Updates All Around

Believe it or not folks, this has been a very busy week and a half. I've been enjoying a bit of a social life, which was partially put on hold due to the veritable chaos of work. Two big project milestones occurred during the same week and, at times, it was all I could do not to put a gun between two slices of bread and pull. Yeesh.

Anyway, here are some non-morbid items to waste your time...
  • Saw I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry and it wasn't too bad. In fact, it was even funny during some parts. Was it funny enough to warrant the outrageous ticket prices I paid? No way. This is a rental or, better yet, the kind of film you wait to air on Starz.
  • If you're in the mood to eat burritos, don't wash them down with a large milkshake unless you enjoy particularly painful indigestion. I won't disclose how I know, but trust me on this.
  • The Simpsons movie is pretty funny. While I felt that it was also a rental, everybody and their brother is going to spoil this for you if you don't see it in the theater.
  • While I normally eschew so-called "reality" TV, I've been enjoying Jon and Kate + 8 on Discovery Health. Having twins is bad enough but add sextuplets to the mix and I'm surprised no one has begged for accommodations at the local asylum. All of their kids are so damn cute, I have to check my insulin levels after watching.
  • A good friend just returned from Paris and brought me a neat tourist-y keychain with the Eiffel Tower on one side and the Arc de Triomphe on the other. I really need to find a reason to go to France. Fascinating De Fact #81: While I don't speak French very well, I do read it almost fluently.

4 comments:

France said...

Well written post

smacky said...

Speaking of "Reality" television. Have you seen "Ice Road Truckers" on the History channel (of all places)?

It's like "Deadliest Catch," except that people are in trucks, not boats.

It's addictive.

I saw a discussion somewhere in which someone asked "How do you become an ice road trucker?" and someone replied "Make about 18 years of wrong choices in your life."

De said...

France: Welcome to my oasis of idiocy. Hope you stick around :-)

Smacky: I have seen a couple of episodes of Ice Road Truckers and it's kind of neat. Saw part of one last night where one of the truckers was appealing his suspended license for speeding on the ice.

Siskoid said...

I like that France has answered a post that mentions Paris.

C'est tordant. Non, mais vraiment.

Quick Linker